Monday, June 22, 2009

Home sweet home




So I got up a little late adain this morning. I don't seem to have that whole "wake up early because you're in London" thing down pat. Maybe tomorrow? Anyway... I took a trip down to Oxford Street to do some shopping. That didn't work out so well though. Maybe I can buy a shirt there tomorrow. If my parents sell their house and all our cars in time... As soon as I walked into the main department store there I knew it was going to be bad... Suffridges is a 5 storey building filled with designer lables in every nook and corner. Everywhere I looked I could see Chanel, Dolce and Gabanna and Dior. I didn't have to look at any price tags. In fact I didn't even dare to touch anything! I walked through that store with my mouth hanging open like an idiot and both my hands tucked safely into my pockets. I started feeling a little light headed and decided it might be better to find the nearest exit. I wandered down the rest of Oxford Street in a daze untill I came upon a sign. I sign that said: Notting Hill Gate. I know I've always said that I love Namibia and I'll always live there, but I found my home today. I love everything about Notting Hill. The small little store. The cute two storey flats packed closely together. All the market stalls and friendly people and antique shops. Colours and music everywhere! And I really just felt that I could breathe! If home is where the heart is, then my heart's in Notting Hill.

1 comment: