Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wonderous World of the Wicked Witch of the West

My dad and I tried to go to the London Dungeon this morning, but we didn't have enough time to complete the entire tour so we went to Buckingham palace instead. The queen was home, but she was busy with some politician so we had to postpone our tea party. Maybe next time... After our visit to the palace we walked down to Trafalgar Square, where Dad had to go to some fancy business lunch I was once again not invited to. I headed up to the National Gallery and spent the afternoon staring at the works of Van Gogh, Picasso and Leonardo da Vinci. Later I went over to the Big Ben and houses of Parliament where I took about a thousand pictures. Why can't architects these days be more creative. All the detail on those buildings is just so amazing! How can anyone think that less is more when you see all that beauty? I came across an interesting sight when walking around Parliament Square. The Square has about 6 large statues of political figures that have played a great role in the world's history. Among them are Abraham Lincoln and even Nelson Mandela. I met up with my dad a little later and we took the tube to meet up with Schalk again. I then saw my first ever West End musical, Wicked. It was so amazing. I was literally sitting on the very edge of my seat the entire time, with a huge goofy grin on my face. It was spectacular and breathtaking and I loved every single second of it. I just really wish I could have shared it with my best friend. Nina would really have loved it...

No comments:

Post a Comment